Serendipity is a Multi award winning business
Local Award - Runner - up "Young Business of the year" "Sunderland Echo Portfolio Awards"
National Award - Runner - up " Events Provider in a Food & Drink Establishment" "Whats on 4 Me"
MOTHERS DAY - Saturday 15th March 2015
Why not treat mum to a very special afternoon tea - We are now taking bookings for Mothers day
£17.50pp - Please call to book 0191510054
champagne and prosecco options available
Welcome to the Serendipity "Tea & Trinkets" website, thank you for visiting us, we hope all of the information you should need about us is here, if not contact us for more details.
Serendipity is a charming nostalgic tea room, the surroundings are kitsch, fabulously vintage and welcoming. Enjoy having your tea served in vintage china tea cups - check out our ever changing window display of quirky tea cosies! We are already receiving rave reviews about our decor, service and food.
Tripadvisor quotes - "Inspirational and Unique" "Great place, Great service, Great food" "A Touch of Class" "Tea-riffic" "WOWZA" "Fabulously Vintage!"
Sunderland Echo - "Step inside and you’re transported to a haven of kitsch 50s decor and vintage charm"
"For those who haven’t yet ventured through the doors at this vintage tea room, you’re missing a treat"
"It’s the kind of attention to detail you get in hipster hang-outs in the Big Smoke, but it’s the sort of place that’s been missing in Sunderland’s city centre – until now"
Serendipity is a family run business which opened in March 2012. Serendipity is so much more than a tea room, as well as the delicious homemade food we serve, you can also take away fresh food from our deli counter, we also sell tea, coffee and cake related gifts, we can provide outside catering, Afternoon tea, private function hire, vintage china hire, children's parties, vintage style tea parties with events and special Serendipity evening events such as musical, comedy and craft evenings!
When you visit Serendipity you will always be guaranteed a warm welcome, friendly efficient table service in relaxing surroundings, you will never be rushed by us, we want you to kickback and relax and enjoy not only our delicious homemade food and cakes but our unique range of speciality blended teas and extensive range of coffees and flavoured hot chocolates.
Serendipity is also fully licensed so you can enjoy a glass of wine, a beer or even one of our "Vintage Hollywood Cocktails" - Serendipity was recently awarded the prestigious 5 star food hygiene award by Sunderland city council so you can be assured that your food is in good hands.
Serendipity also benefits from baby change facilities, children's play area, free WIFI and daily newspapers and magazines.
Serendipity is a family run business established in March 2012. Our promise to you is that you will always receive a warm and friendly welcome in lovely surroundings. We want Serendipity to be an experience “le place du jour” and a place for all our customers to relax and enjoy.
Many people have asked why Serendipity – why the name?? What does it mean??
“A chapter of happy accidents” “a pleasant surprise” a combination of events which are not individually beneficial, but occurring together produce a good or wonderful outcome.
Serendipity is digging for worms and finding gold. — Anon
It’s such a positive word and many good things have come from serendipitous events
Examples: The discoveries of Penicillin, LSD, Saccharin Viagra! Meeting my husband, setting up Serendipity itself!
Anyway on to one of my favourite things – TEA!
Tea – Ahhhh tea, the universal panacea, the cure for everything, I love tea and I loved the way my mother used tea as therapy for everything!
- You’ve had a bad day: tea?
- You lost your job: let’s put the kettle on!
- Your best mate has ran off with your boyfriend – let’s have a cup of tea (probably a pot!!),
- And it’s true: tea does make life lovelier. It’s like very strong glue – bonding us together
My favourite tea quotes
- There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea. ~Bernard-Paul Heroux
- Bread and water can so easily be toast and tea. ~ Anon
- If you are cold, tea will warm you. If you are too heated, it will cool you. If you are depressed, it will cheer you. If you are excited, it will calm you. ~Gladstone, 1865
- Tea is a cup of life. ~Anon
- Tea is liquid wisdom. ~Anonymous
- Tea leaves, tea loves, loves tea, lives tea, leaves tea? never.~Uniek Swain
- Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings! - Anon
- Tea is instant wisdom - just add water! ~Astrid Alauda
- Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on. ~Billy Connolly
Why not follow us on:
Facebook - "Serendipity Tea & Trinkets"
Twitter - Serendipitytnt
Instagram - Serendipitytnt
10 Frederick Street
You can find more detailed information by viewing each individual category.